Metal Halide Protected ED17P Medium Base
Locating the right medium base metal halide lamp can be a difficult task! There are 2 different shapes of medium base metal halides. The notes below will help to shed some light on the ED17P!
- ED17P(Elliptical Dimpled, 17 1/8" in diameter. Diameter = 17/8 which is 2.125, the "P" means PROTECTED.
- These lamps are characterized by a smaller neck than a normal ED17 lamp
- You will know if you have the wrong lamp as the replacement will not physically screw into your socket
- These lamps have an extra shrouded glass tube around the arc tube inside the lamp.
- The protection is there to limit exploding hot glass from exiting the lamp jacket
The common part numbers we see in the marketplace associated with the ED17P models are: MP100/U/MED, MHC70/U/3K/MP, MXR100/U/MED/O.
Remember if you need help finding your lamp, please give us a call or click the live chat button!